Blue Box Top

***URGENT*** Licensing and Build Servers - RapidSpell WPF - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
AndrewJackson
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:56:13 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi

I'm having some issues around licensing when our product is built on a build server.

If I build on my development machine (where I have registered my license key), everything works fine and I do not get the trial license dialog.

As soon as I move on to one of the build servers, my license cannot be found because I have not registered a license key on that machine (nor am I allowed to) and I get the "trial license" dialog for all build outputs.

It looks like the Keyoti license registration program is dumping the license key into user scoped isolate storage on the machine and looking for it there during the build process. Our build servers run under non-interactive accounts so event if I did log in to the build server and register the keys, the key would probably be in the isolated storage for the incorrect user account and would not be picked up by the licenser anyway.

I need to find a way to license this component which does not require provisioning of the build server up front. Some of the other components vendors we use allow us to provide a license key in source code and this works very well for us.

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Jackson

ADERANT

Jim
#2 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 12:16:48 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi Andrew, there's some related info to this here (you are allowed to reregister your development key on the build server, since it's not for development, its OK).

http://keyoti.com/kb/Def...ew&questId=222&catId=64
(the article is for the sister product but so the path name and assembly name are obviously wrong for you)

About the user account, hopefully you can use "Run As..." to run our 'Control-Register' tool. There's also info in that article if your build server uses the system account.

If you do have trouble please email me directly via support @ keyoti.com and we'll go from there.

Best
Jim

-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

Evaluation Downloads - http://keyoti.com/products

AndrewJackson
#3 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 12:37:56 AM

Groups: Registered

Thanks Jim for the quick response.

I just want to make sure that there isn't another way to license without making changes to our build servers.

If that is the only way then I'll have to go that route. Thanks for the instructions.

Andrew
Jim
#4 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:07:11 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Sorry Andrew but that is the way it should be done. It is the standard practice for .NET licensing, and if it's of interest we have to store the license key somewhere central like isolated storage or the registry (we used to use the registry but that's out of the question now).

Evaluation Downloads - http://keyoti.com/products