Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

CalculateWordRelevancies - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
DMacy
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 6:50:07 PM

Groups: Registered

In my plugin I have a non-inheritable class called ExternalEventHandler that has an event called DispatcherAction. One of the cases it handles is ActionName.CalculateWordRelevancies, and in that case my code assigns weights to words. I don't know how the ExternalEventHandler is being instanced, but somehow it seems to be working.

In my standalone program that is generating a different index (using PreloadedDocument), I'd like to assign weights also, but I don't know to get started. Help!

Thanks!
Jim
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 12:12:13 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

You can actually use the same plug-in (or the same code at least) with the PreloadedDocument index. You just need to assign the Configuration.EventHandlerAssemblyPath to point to your plug-in DLL (the path is either absolute or relative to the index directory).

Plug-ins work the same no matter what does the indexing, be it programmatic, Windows Service, Web Admin, or Index manager.

Best
Jim

-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

DMacy
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:17:56 AM

Groups: Registered

Thank you! That was the help I needed. I need different code for the event handler and weighting between the plugin and standalone application, but I was able to apply my plugin code to the other app and get what I wanted.