Blue Box Top

Register dialog problem - RapidSpell Desktop .NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
Fiury
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:02:59 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have an app that generates an .exe. In that app I already wrote the lines to the licences.licx file (in each proyect that uses RapidSpell).

Like this

Keyoti.RapidSpell.RapidSpellAsYouType, Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2, Version=5.0.11.517, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxx
Keyoti.RapidSpell.RapidSpellDialog, Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2, Version=5.0.11.517, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxx

In the url \Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage, there is only 1 key.

When i run the app there is no problem. When i delete the lines from the exe proyect, the register dialog appears. So, the lines must be in the licences.licx, great!!

But, i have another app (diferent solutions) that uses the .exe, and when i run the .exe, the register dialog appears. If im not myself clear i will put an example

App1 (Register Dialog works fine)

Dll1
Dll2
App1.exe

App2

Dll3
Dll4
App1.exe

Register Dialog pops up, not matter what i do, even if i put the key and rebuild in the App2.

I' dont know if this help but, i'm using Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2

Thanks,
Guillermo

Jim
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:55:43 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi Guillermo,

Just for reference, PublicKeyToken in the licenses.licx isn't your license key, it's just the public key used to strong sign our assembly, so it's shared info, everyone has the same thing in their licenses.licx.

And you are right your key is stored in isolated storage.

Does the project which makes App2.exe have a licenses.licx file in it, like App1 does? It needs that too, otherwise lc.exe won't put the license in to the App2.exe. Or do you mean that App1.exe actually compiles App2.exe?

Thanks
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

Fiury
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:10:55 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick answer.

The App2 proyect doesn't have the licence.licx like App1 does. The Dlls that have components (controls) does. Actually the App2 have the App1.exe included the solution, App2 doesn't have a exe proyect itself. The App2 executes App1.exe.

I know that doesn't have much sense, but the App1 is a base environment, based on that it exists App2, 3 etc.
The licences.licx is needed in the App2 solution? How can i do that? :/

Thanks,
Guillermo
Jim
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:10:40 PM

Hmmm, how does App2 launch?

Basically the way .NET licensing works, you have to have licenses.licx for every EXE project, this is to prevent you using a control in another control that you sell. So, if you want to use the spell checker as part of a word processor control, for example, you have to have special licensing.

Can you explain in real terms what you're building, if you don't want to do it publically please email me jim.wright @ keyoti.com

Thanks!

Fiury
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 4:57:37 PM

Jim,

I found the problem. I had to create a small example of what we have and i could recreate the environment. The problem is that in the App1, generates App1.exe. But we use that exe in the App2, but we want another name to that application. So we rename the compiled exe to App2.exe. This doesn't work, after this, the dialog pops up.

I sent an example to jim.wright@keyoti.com

Thanks,
Guillermo
Jim
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:37:37 PM

Yes the .NET licensing mechanism doesn't allow renaming EXEs. Let me look at your email and I'll get back to you via email.

Thanks