Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

SiteMapper Plugin is not running DetachHandlers - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
astair
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:38:41 PM

Groups: Registered

I used this plugin to create a sitemap so I can find bad links in my site that could not be found by other means.

https://keyoti.com/products/search/dotNetWeb/HtmlHelp6/UserGuide/Examples/Plug-in%20(Site%20Map).htm

I have completed the plug in, and compiled successfully. I have attached it via the management tool, and restarted the process. However, the sitemap.txt file is empty, and I keep getting an error that says the file is in use by another process.

I have a feeling the DetachHandlers in the tutorial is not being fired.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks.
Jim
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:57:17 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

No, I'm not sure if that is happening or why it might.

What I'd do is first get sitemap.txt deleted (you probably need to close the Index Management tool), and then before you try again, enable logging.

When you try again you'll get various log files (.txt) in the index dir. One of these (ExternalEventHandler.txt probably) might contain info that would help.

The other thing you can do is open your project used to make the plugin, from there 'Attach to process' from the debug menu, and choose the Index Management tool. You will then be able to put break points in the attach/detach methods and step through as the indexer uses your sitemap plugin.

Let me know how it goes please.
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

Jim
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:00:05 PM

Also, you could just change the plugin to open and close the stream every time dispatcher_Action is called. It's less efficient but will serve your purpose.

astair
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:23:03 PM

It turns out the sitemap.txt was being held by the search service because we have it set to run at a certain time each night.

I ran an import on our development server, which does not have it set to run automatically, and it worked just fine.

It did not, however help me find my bad link.

If a user does a search for a particular term, the first match returns a link with an all lower case query string. My page is expecting camel case, so I am trying to find the source of the link. The sitemap.txt did not return any links that fit the all lower case query string.

I do not understand how the index is being created. Oh well, thanks for the direction.
Jim
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:29:40 PM

Ah, URL casing I can help with. In the configuration there is a setting URLCaseSensitive - you want to set it true. Delete everything from the index dir OTHER than the .xml files, and reindex.

We have it false by default because most people want URLs to be case insensitive and the way we do that is to store them as lowercase...

You'll be fine with it true as long as you're consistent with the casing in links.

Jim

astair
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:06:12 PM

Jim,

Thanks for all the help. Changing this setting fixed the link that is returned on the search on our dev server so now I just have to stop the service, delete the files, change the setting and re-import on the live site and turn the service back on in the morning.

Thanks again.