Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Misspelled words not displaying in popup - RapidSpell Web ASP.NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
gharland
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:40:42 PM

Groups: Registered

We've had Keyoti as our ASP.NET spellchecker for at least 5 years. I just replaced the Keyoti.RapidSpellWeb.ASP.NETv4.dll file on our web server with the 4.5.15.526 version. Now, when we run our spellcheck function, we get our popup to indicate there is a misspelled word, but it does not display the incorrect word, nor any suggestions. The previous version we used (4.2.13.1126) works just fine on our QA platform, so I'm at a loss to figure out what's going on.
Jim
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:46:02 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Strange. Can you try to find a Javascript error using the F12 tool (in the console tab)? What do you see exactly? Can you attach a screenshot?

Which browser?

Thanks
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

gharland
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:58:22 PM

We are using the VB6 browser control, so I guess that makes it IE under the covers. I haven't had a chance to try to debug it outside of the browser control yet, but hopefully will soon enough. I have a screen shot but can't quite figure out how to attach it.
Jim
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:27:26 PM

Click "Post reply" and then underneath the text box is "Attach files to this post?"

Jim
#5 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 12:12:35 AM

Thanks for the emailed screenshot. Definitely looks like a JS error in the popup. I can only suggest trying in a browser that can report JS errors, or has F12 (I think IE8 up) or Chrome etc.

If you can't get to the JS error (it's complicated by the fact you need the F12 tool open for the popup, not the main window), then you're welcome to post all related code so I can try to narrow in on something.

Jim

gharland
#6 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 2:28:51 PM

This line is failing: rs_s3.forms[0].undoButton.disabled = histPtr<=0;

I'm getting a "Unable to set property 'disabled' of undefined or null reference" error.

If I skip over it, the spell checker seems to work fine.
Jim
#7 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 4:56:37 PM

When you upgraded did you update the content of the Keyoti_RapidSpell_Web_Common folder, or just the DLLs?

It looks like the popup.aspx (which is in Keyoti_RapidSpell_Web_Common) may be missing the UndoButton declaration. Or, maybe you have a custom popup.aspx (it's any page with the "RapidSpellWeb" control tag in it - and that needs the undo button declaration.

Feel free to paste the content of any files you're unsure about.

gharland
#8 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 6:24:53 PM

I just upgraded the DLLs.

We are using a custom popup. It has the control set up:

Code:
<%@ Register Assembly="Keyoti.RapidSpellWeb.ASP.NETv4" Namespace="Keyoti.RapidSpell" TagPrefix="RapidSpellWeb" %>

And the tag is defined as:
Code:
<RapidSpellWeb:RapidSpellWeb ID="RapidSpellWeb1" runat="server">
    </RapidSpellWeb:RapidSpellWeb>

I tried adding the UndoButton tag with an ID="undoButton" and Visible="false", but that made no difference.
Jim
#9 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 6:50:25 PM

I see, looks like we fixed this in v5.0. I think a workaround is to set EnableUndo to true in the page where you use the spell checker (ie the main page with the textboxes), but use the UndoButton tag with an ID="undoButton" and Visible="false" in the popup to hide the undo button.

I don't know if you use the Javascript type usage on the main page, or Server Controls (RapidSpellWebLauncher)? RapidSpellWebLauncher has a property called "EnableUndo" and for Javascript usage you can call

rapidSpell.setParameterValue('default', 'EnableUndo', true);

(you might have that already, setting it false...).

Hope you see what I mean.
Jim

gharland
#10 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 7:36:05 PM

I can't quite wrap my head around this.

The page with the text boxes does not have a reference to the spell checker. We have a Javascript based toolbar with a Spell Check button. It executes some Javascript that does this:
Code:
    spellBoot = "<html><meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=utf-8'>";
    spellBoot += "<body onLoad='document.forms[0].submit();'><font face='arial, helvetica' size=2>Spell checking document...</font><form action='SpellCheck.aspx' method='post'>"; 
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='textToCheck' value=\""+escQuotes(escEntities(eval(interfaceObjectName+'.getText()')))+"\">"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='InterfaceObject' value='"+interfaceObjectName+"'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='mode' value='popup'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='UserDictionaryFile' value=''>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='DictFile' value='" + GetDictPath() + "'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='SuggestionsMethod' value='HASHING_SUGGESTIONS'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='LanguageParser' value='ENGLISH'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='SeparateHyphenWords' value='False'>";
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='ShowFinishedMessage' value='false'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='ShowNoErrorsMessage' value='false'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='CreatePopUpWindow' value='false'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='FinishClosesWindow' value='True'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='WarnDuplicates' value='True'>";
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='SuggestSplitWords' value='True'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='CheckCompoundWords' value='False'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='CorrectionNotifyListener' value=''>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='Modal' value='False'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='InformFinishListenerOfState' value='False'>";
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='IncludeUserDictionaryInSuggestions' value='True'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='LookIntoHyphenatedText' value='True'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='FinishedListener' value='notifyDone'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='GuiLanguage' value='ENGLISH'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='callBack' value=''>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='IgnoreXML' value='False'><input type='hidden' name='IgnoreCapitalizedWords' value='False'>"
    spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='ConsiderationRange' value='-1'></form></body>";
    spellBoot += "</html>"; 

sc.focus();
    sc.document.open(); 
    sc.document.write(spellBoot);
    sc.document.close();

Our popup (spellcheck.aspx) opens up, which has the RapidSpellWeb tag. I've tried adding the UndoButton tag there, but don't have a clue where to put the EnableUndo command.

Right now, this is an optional update for us, and we are coming up on a deadline, so we may wait until our next release to fix all this.

Thank you for all of your help on this.

Glenn
Jim
#11 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 7:57:40 PM

Ah, looks like you've used the Javascript that our Server Control produces. So you could add this

spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='EnableUndo' value='true'>"

after this line

spellBoot += "<input type='hidden' name='callBack' value=''>"

That might solve it

Jim