Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

'Remove duplicate word' shows up for a word added in the user dictionary - RapidSpell Desktop .NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
c_pradeepa
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:14:16 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi,

When a word is added to the user dictionary, running a spell check again causes the 'Remove duplicate word' suggestion to show up for that word.

Eg: I have a document with the word 'Thurston'. I run spell check on the document, 'Thurston' shows up as 'Not in Dictionary'. I add 'Thurston' to the user-dictionary. I run spell check again, 'Thurston' is identified as 'In Dictionary', and the suggestions contain 'Remove duplicate word'.

I have a video that shows the issue, but I am not sure how to attach it to this post.

This issue is reported by one of our customers and we are not able to reproduce this in-house. Do you have any ideas as to what could the issue could be?

Version used: 5.0.11.517

Thanks!
Pradeepa.
Jim
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:46:04 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

If you click 'post reply' do you see a checkbox underneath the textbook for adding an attachment?

Otherwise please email the video to me via support @ keyoti.com

Thanks
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

c_pradeepa
#3 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 4:06:19 PM

Hi Jim,

I don't see a checkbox to add an attachment. I have emailed you the video.

Thank you!
Pradeepa.
Jim
#4 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 6:24:32 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Thanks Pradeepa.

Looks like you have a version of TX Text Control there. The difficulty we faced with implementing with TX, was that there was no way to mark the reason why a word is flagged as an error. There are spelling error reasons like 'misspelling', 'incorrect case' and 'duplicate word'. The suggestions generated depend on the type of error.

So it looks like after the word has been added, for some reason "Thurston" was flagged again. Like you I cannot reproduce it. It might be reflagged because of something about the document. When an error is flagged, but is actually in the dictionary we have to assume that it's a 'duplication' error (hence the suggestion).

It's made more tricky by the integration with TX Text Control, since we rely on it to request text to be spell checked, and handle what RapidSpell says are errors. So we don't have much control.

The only workaround I can see is to set the RapidSpellDialog.WarnDuplicates property to false.

Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

c_pradeepa
#5 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 6:50:42 PM

That makes sense. I'll see if setting WarnDuplicates to false is an option for us.

Thank you very much!
Pradeepa.