Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Using rapid spell with DevExpress.XtraRichEdit - RapidSpell Desktop .NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
areichhart
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:58:56 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi there!

As a new customer, i have to say I'm really happy with your product - especially with the fact that you provide very good third party component support. I was wondering however, if you have anything to share about this newer DevExpress.XtraRichEdit component we are planning to subsitute our txtextcontrol-controls with.

I have seen the examples on the devexpress datagrid and the textbox thingy, however this is not easily applyable on the control mentioned above.

Of course I can figure out myself with digging into it deeper, as it is fully customizeable per overrides - but also very complex.

Nevertheless before starting that - i just wanted to ask here if you have any recent example or tips to share about this.
I'm not new into DevExpress controls, but quite new into customizing them.

Thanks in advance

Jim
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:28:19 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi, we've been asked about this before but never managed to put together an example. Here's what we can say about the situation with XtraRichEdit.

Dialog spell checking

Not sure how feasible this is. Although our dialog requires a simple interface (.Text, .SelectionStart etc) it doesn't seem obvious how to manipulate selections in RichEditControl.

As you type checking

They have a .SpellChecker property which allows you to set any object that implements their ISpellChecker interface. For example, https://www.devexpress.c...r/Example/Details/E3725 so it should be possible to modify the "GoogleSpellChecker" class from that example to use our RapidSpellChecker class for the engine.

Best
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

areichhart
#3 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 12:54:35 PM

Thx, that's at least something to begin with.
I guess i will call back here if I'm actually picking this up.

Cheers!

areichhart
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:18:31 AM

Hi, i managed to fully integrate Dialog spell checking and as you type checking - current Production uses DEVExpress 15.2.10, but it also works for the recent versions (17.1.x as we speak).

Dialog spell checking is very easy, as (in the meantime) you can programmatically select Text and exchange the Text-Selection, therefore just implement the ISpellCheckableTextComponent

As you type spell checking was very tricky as it took me time to fully understand both components (devX rich edit and rapidspell) and write the adapter for all that things. I think the final result is very understandable, but it took quite a lot of hours to get there.
The solution is still based on an updated snippet of the old Google Spell checker example.

I'm also willing to share the solution, contact me via email and i will put together a sample project - so you can share it with the rest of the customers.

Jim
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:43:21 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Awesome! I've emailed you via the forum, if you don't get it please email me via support @ keyoti.com

Thanks!
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!