Blue Box Top

Random Licensing Error - Thesaurus Desktop .NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
lenwhite
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:17:02 AM

Groups: Registered

Once in a blue moon, a client using my software will get this error:

An instance of type 'Keyoti.Thesaurus.Model.ThesaurusEngine' was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type 'Keyoti.Thesaurus.Model.ThesaurusEngine'. Please, contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.

It will happen only once, after the using the application successfully. It's not a major issue because it is seldom and cannot be reproduced on demand even on the computers where it occurs.

What I'm wondering is whether you have any experience with this that could lead to preventing it from appearing at all.

Thanks

Len
Jim
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:06:21 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi Len, sorry to hear that. No, it's not been heard of as you describe it. The only thing I can think of which relates is users who suddenly start getting the message all of the time. In those cases it's typically either a virus has corrupted the EXE, or the EXE has been renamed, or some other way that the EXE has been 'tampered' with. The change however, is permanent (since it invalidates the licenses embedded in the EXE) and not intermittent. I don't suppose that could relate to your situation at all?

Best
Jim

-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

lenwhite
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:29:22 PM

Groups: Registered

No, I doesn't sound like it applies since it doesn't appear next time they launch. Thanks anyway.