Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Multiple Texboxes with version Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv21 - RapidSpell Desktop .NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
wparrack
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 9:33:43 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have spell check (using the Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv21 dll) working properly with an older TXTextControl but I now need to add in the same form a separate Windows TextBox. So, my client would like me to provide spell check for (in my case) "TextBox1.Text" in addition to the TXTextControl.

In version 4 it appears to be as simple as AddTextComponent. And I see in the knowledge base a possible solution in C# for version 3.

Any suggestions how I might continue to utilize my Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv21 for the TXTExtControl as well as provide a spell check capability for TextBox1.Text? I am using MSVS 2010 and on this project coding with vb.net.

Thank you for any suggestions and help.
Jim
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 5:27:08 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi, which version of RapidSpell as you using? TX21 support was added in v5 and is supported in v6 and both those versions have AddTextComponent in them.

Does that help?
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

wparrack
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:08:56 PM

Yes using V5. And the AddTextComponent does in fact exist. So in my new form load I have RapidSpellDialog1.AddTextComponent(TextBox1). This is followed by RapidSpellDialog1.AddTextComponent(_TXTextEdiror).

So my problem is that no spell errors show on TextBox1, even when ensuring it has focus. The TXTextEditor shows spelling errors. Do I need to add any additional code to the TextBox1 events?

Thank you for your help.
Jim
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:33:22 PM

Ah, good point - so with TX the RapidSpellDialog control enables 'as you type' checking. But for regular controls you need to add our RapidSpellAsYouType control and add the textbox to that - don't add the TX control to RapidSpellAsYouType though, that is unnecessary and will probably cause unusual behaviour.

wparrack
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:03:01 PM

OK thank you. Getting closer.The RapidSpellAsYouType1.AddTextComponent(TextBox1) compiles without error. But when I run the program I get "RapidSpellAsYouType1.AddTextComponent unable to cast object of type system.windows.forms.textbox to type 'Keyoti.RapidSpell.IAYTTextBox'."
Jim
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:33:49 PM

Yes sorry there you want RapidSpellAsYouType1.AddTextBoxBase(TextBox1)

wparrack
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 1:28:04 PM

Wala! We have spell check. Many, many thanks, One final question... In my scenario having specified the dictionary location in the RapidSpellDialog control, do I also need to do that in the RapidSpellAsYouType1?

Again, thank you!
Jim
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:35:15 PM

Great and yes you do.