Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Custom results sorting - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
DMacy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2022 8:56:47 PM

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to build a plugin to do custom results sorting. Here is a piece of it:

Code:

Public Sub DispatcherAction(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As ActionEventArgs)

Select Case e.ActionData.Name
    Case ActionName.ResultItemsFinalized
      Dim ResultItems As Keyoti.SearchEngine.Utils.ResultItemList = CType(e.ActionData.Data, Keyoti.SearchEngine.Utils.ResultItemList)

ResultItems.Sort(New DocumentComparer())
  End Select

End Sub

I'm getting the following error:

You attempted to access a property in ResultItem or DocumentRecord that has not been loaded. Please set the "FilterLoadLevel" property in SearchResult and/or SearchAgent to the any of these settings: Everything, and try again.

I don't know where to set FilterLoadLevel. I'm doing this in HTML and JavaScript, not VB.NET.
Jim
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 8:37:48 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Ah, you're right, that isn't possible yet. I've added it for you, you can now do

Code:

keyotiSearch.filterLoadLevel = 'DocIdUrlCategories';

or

Code:

keyotiSearch.filterLoadLevel = 'Everything';

in JS in your search page.

The first is faster but might not give you everything you need, from the error I would say that you need the latter.

Please update the DLLs and JS file from here https://www.dropbox.com/t/Kt8XLeF3DuGIDaLR
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

DMacy
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 8:44:27 PM

Thanks, Jim! I'll give it a try.
DMacy
#4 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2022 5:38:38 PM

That worked. Thanks!

In the action of ResultItemsFinalized, is it possible to filter specific items in the list and delete them before sorting?

Also, is there a way to tag specific result items with a CSS class or some other way to format individual items differently than the rest? For example, I might have three result items in a row that are similar and I want to indent the second and third items of the group more than the first.
Jim
#5 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2022 7:45:26 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

>In the action of ResultItemsFinalized, is it possible to filter specific items in the list and delete them before sorting?

Yes, you can add/remove items from the list.

>Also, is there a way to tag specific result items with a CSS class or some other way to format individual items differently than the rest?

You could try setting an item in resultItem.CustomDataDictionary, eg. resultItem.CustomDataDictionary.Add( new KeyValuePaid("isSpecial", "true"));

and then see "Custom data dictionary fields" here https://keyoti.com/produ...0Usage/BasicSearch.html

So I think you would then be able to do this in your template (sorry I haven't tried this, but I think it is correct)

Code:

<div id="sew_resultItemTEMPLATE" class="sew_resultItem">
        <p class="${CustomDataDictionary.isSpecialDisplayClass}">
            ***** <span class="sew_resultItemLink"><a href="${UriStringWithKeywords}">${Title}</a></span>
            <span class="sew_resultItemSummary">${Summary}</span>
        </p>
    </div>

and you will see that results where isSpecial is set the CSS class will be class="isSpecial" in the P tag, and when isSpecial is not set the class will be class="isSpecialNoContent"

So I think from there you can specify the isSpecial CSS class to look like you want.

-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!