Blue Box Top

Specified Dict File could not be read - RapidSpell WPF - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
DawnLGS
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:12:34 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I am getting the above error ("Specified Dict File could not be read - please check that the application has permission to read from the path specified.") when I set the RapidSpellAsYouType.DictFilePath to the full path and filename of an evaluation dictionary. (e.g FullPath.FileName)
I would like to set the DictFilePath to a dictionary of the appropriate language based on the language of the current user.
I have downloaded your Spanish and French evaluation dictionaries to test this. I renamed the dictionaries to a predictable file name and set the DictFilePath based on that. I have checked that the file exists in the specified path and that everyone has read and execute rights on the file.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this error and how to resolve it, please?

Thank you.
Dan
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:44:00 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi DawnLGS,

Can I ask you to email support @ keyoti .com requesting Dict File versions of the Spanish and French dictionary evaluations. We provide DLL and Dict file versions of each dictionary after purchase however as of v5 we no longer support DLL versions of the dictionaries.

We'll be updating our non-English dictionary evaluations shortly - sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan
Dan Wright