Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Enabling the medical dictionary - RapidSpell Desktop .NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
neildmoss
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:31:37 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi - we're trying to work out why the Medical dictionary DLL isn't working in our WinForms desktop app.

From what I can see in your documentation, all I have to do to enable this is to reference the medical version of Keyoti.RapidSpell.MDict.dll and ensure that this is present in the bin folder. No other property settings appear to be required.

However, if I do this, the file is never opened (proven through the use of ProcMon) and none of the medical phrases that you present in your own Medical Dictionary demo are recognised.

The environment is Windows 7 64 bit, running a .NET 2 (yes - 2) app against build 5.1.12.616 of Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.dll

If I specify the DictFilePath to point to the supplied .dict file, then all works as expected, so our program has correctly connected the spell checker and text boxes.

If I specify the DictFilePath as pointing to the MDict.dll file, then the application hangs.

Please advise, ideally through a sample project, how the MDict.dll should be used.
Jim
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:16:44 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi, in v5 we dropped the Keyoti.RapidSpell.MDict.dll from use with the RapidSpell Desktop .NET product. I thought the docs were updated to reflect that, but maybe there's a mismatch with the medical dictionary documentation...

From v5 you have to use either the .dict or .2.dict (compressed) file. We also added the ability to embed the .dict file in your EXE, so if you're looking for a way to use the dictionary without external files then that would be the way to go.

https://keyoti.com/produ.../The%20Dictionaries.htm

It was unfortunate that we had to drop the DLL dictionary support but there was a good reason for it.

Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!