Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

wildcard in "ignore path" collection? - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
notnet
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:08:15 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have a large collection of documents that increase regularly, and I have a pdf and html version of each in the same folder. Is it possible to use wildcards to ignore the pdf versions, which aren't indexed as accurately? I've tried a few ways unsuccessfully. Would it be possible to do with a plug-in? I didn't see an obvious representation for the "ignore" collection in the classes.

Thanks!
Jim
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:19:10 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi, sorry wildcards aren't supported in the ignore paths.

However you are right, you can do it with a plug-in. The event you want to hook up to is IsFileSystemDocumentToBeIndexed (for filesystem source imports, where we scan a folder) or IsDocumentToBeIndexed (for crawled imports).

The Data property related to IsFileSystemDocumentToBeIndexed events is IsFileSystemDocumentToBeIndexedEventData, which has Url, FileSystemPath and WillIndex properties. You set WillIndex to false if desired.

For IsDocumentToBeIndexed, the Data property is https://keyoti.com/products/search/dotNetWeb/HtmlHelp6/html/e05aa5b4-c037-d87f-74ad-8fe36d71c653.htm with a Document property and WillIndex

Best
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!