Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Error trying to set up project - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
lkeeble
#1 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 10:50:43 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am a new user of search and I am following the quick start guide, trying to setup my project.

I have an .aspx page that has the SearchResults control on it.
I got it to setup the default directory, ~/KeyotiSearchAdministration/IndexDirectory

I clicked the smart tag and then clicked "Manage Index". I got a message "Error invoking 'Manage Index'. No useful details beyond this. Clicking it again did nothing.

I am running VS 2010.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling keyoti. We have the pro version. Same result.

Let me know what I should do - thanks !

lkeeble
#2 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 10:53:47 PM

I forgot to mention the version - the following installer was used: Search_ASP.NET-Setup-2012.1-UD.msi
lkeeble
#3 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 11:02:43 PM

Also - after installation, I got a welcome box with "Quick Start", "Help" and "Index Manager" buttons.

I clicked on "Index Manager" and nothing happened. So something seems to be missing/broken from the installation (?)
Jim
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:54:51 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Thanks for posting, I don't know what the issue is off the bat, but I wonder what happens if you open the NETCLR_v4_BIN (or v2) under our install directory in program files (x86), and run Keyoti4-Search-IndexManagerToolLauncher.exe from there?

Any error info? FYI this is another way to launch the index manager tool and you can certainly use it from there.

Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

lkeeble
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:32:34 PM

Thanks for the reply Jim. At first when I double-clicked on that .exe that you mentioned I got nothing except a brief flashing of the explorer window. Then I had the bright idea of running it as an administrator, and now the Index Management tool launches. So, it seems to be related to not running as an Admin. Now, after running it as Administrator one time I am now able to run it fine as a non-admin user. I am still not able to run it by clicking on the smart tag from VS 2010 (even when running VS as an Admin). I suppose now that I can run the Index Management tool directly I don't really need to worry about the smart tag any more (?)
Jim
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:17:12 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Strange, I can't be sure what the issue is on your system.

Yes I would abandon the smart tag, and just run the index manager directly.

By the way, you say you're a new user, and using v2012 - do you know that we have released v6 in 2015?

I don't know if you're licensed for 2012 specifically, but otherwise you might want to download the SearchUnit v6 MSI and use that.

Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!