Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

404 error for RapidSpellService.svc/CheckMulti on server - RapidSpell Web ASP.NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
Geordon
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 3:19:34 PM

Groups: Registered

I am using the jQuery dialog box with the attribute onclick="rapidSpell.dialog_spellCheck(true, 'txtDescription')" on an .aspx page in Visual Studio 2013 targeting .Net Framework 4.5.2 AnyCPU. I have my enterprise license key in the web.config file. The spell checker dialog appears nicely, as expected, while in the IDE on my local computer.

When I publish the results to our qa web server running Windows Server 2012 R2. the same call leads to a popup error message from the brower, titled 'Message from webpage'. The message reference is:
URL:https://mywebapp.dartcontainer.com/Keyoti_Scripts/RapidSpellService.svc/CheckMulti

The embedded error message includes:
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I confirmed all the files made it from my dev machine to the server. The same error occurs whether accessing the site from a browser on my machine or directly from the server.

Any ideas what may be causing this error and how to correct it?

Thank you,

Geordon
Jim
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 6:51:14 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi Geordon, we're using WCF and it's the .svc file that IIS isn't 'finding'. Please see

http://stackoverflow.com...cessing-svc-file-in-iis

If you follow the accepted answer, be sure to check the comments first as there's a gotcha.

It's unclear whether what you're seeing is the norm, or what causes it.

Best
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!