Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

RapidSpell popup box getting access denied - RapidSpell Web ASP.NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
deleeuw
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:58:59 PM

Groups: Registered

When clicking on the spell check icon next to my comments fields, the SpellCheck popup appears fine. When I exit the popup, type more in my field, and click the icon again, it get an "access denied" error, referencing the .axd used for keyoti. This doesn't happen on all machines or on all networks (i.e. I have multiple clients), but on the machines where it does occur, it occurs everytime. The webpage in question has been added to my Trusted sites. Is there an IIS setup or user profile setting I need to look at?

Thank you!
Jim
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:24:04 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Have you noticed it being specific to a particular browser?
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

deleeuw
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:55:50 AM

We only use IE, but it does occur regardless of IE version.

Thanks
Jim
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:22:52 PM

Sorry I didn't answer your question explicitly: "Is there an IIS setup or user profile setting I need to look at?"

There isn't, the problem is client side.

Do the machines where this is happening have any popup blockers installed? Usually popup blockers are OK because they allow popups called directly from a user event like a button click. But, I'd look there first.

Another option, if you're using v5 is to use a jQuery UI based dialog instead of a popup window. See "Using jQuery UI...." https://keyoti.com/produ...mples/JSmode/Dialog.htm

One thing about that though is it only applies if you use our Javascript based usage, it's not possible from the older Server Control based usage.

One other thing, are you doing anything across domains, i.e. the page with the textbox is one one domain and the spell checker popup is loading from a different domain/subdomain?

Do you see any other messages in the JS console?

deleeuw
#5 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 4:40:44 PM

I don't think there are any pop-up blockers installed, but I can check. As for being cross-domains, they are not -- but I did check the IE Security setting to allow "Navigate Windows and Frames across domains".
When checking the JS console, I see no messages (or any messages in the Event Log)

One thing I'm wondering: whether it is a pop-up blocker or an IE setting, why would it open fine the FIRST time?

Thanks for your help
Jim
#6 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 5:16:47 PM

Quote:
One thing I'm wondering: whether it is a pop-up blocker or an IE setting, why would it open fine the FIRST time?

Fair question, but like a lot of things involving computers - it doesn't always make sense (by which I mean, they do things they're not supposed to do). Just seems like blockers would be a good place to start.

The popup is definitely closed between spell check launching, right?

Which version of RapidSpell are you using?

Thanks
Jim

deleeuw
#7 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 5:28:13 PM

BTW, did confirm that at least one of the clients having the issue DO have popup blockers turned off.
As for the version of Rapidspell, the Keyoti.RapidSpellWeb.ASP.NETv2.dll is v 3.6.10.107 and the Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll is v 3.0.0.0
Jim
#8 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 6:20:01 PM

Here's my view of the situation which I intend as guidance on what to do next;

-You have some client machines with this problem (I don't know if they're all accessing the same web app.)

-There aren't any settings that we know of that affect this issue.

-We can dig in and try to figure out what the problem is, and it could be a) some config issue on those machines (eg this) or b) it's something in our code that could be fixed, but....

-You're using a version we don't support anymore (in terms of patches etc) (so 'b' above is a dead end)

-However, you're entitled to at least v3.8 https://keyoti.com/downl...-NET-3-8-0-Setup-UD.msi which might have it already fixed.

-If you have maintenance you can upgrade to v5 for free, otherwise you could trial v5 and purchase an upgrade if it fixes the problem.

So yes it is puzzling that most IE's work, but just some clients don't. In theory they should all work the same, but Windows is complex, and even if you can point the finger at a specific issue with IE, you probably can't resolve that since your clients are using old versions of IE (I assume since you're using an old version of our software that didn't support IE11).

Jim

deleeuw
#9 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 6:27:34 PM

Your summary is correct, and I'll check out that link from windowsitpro.