Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Upgrading from Version 6 to Version 7 - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
DMacy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:34:34 PM

Groups: Registered

I have a class that inherits Documents.XmlDocumentParser. In that class I have the following function:

Public Overrides Function Read(ByVal parStream As System.IO.Stream, ByVal parUri As Uri, ByVal parEncoding As System.Text.Encoding) As Documents.DocumentText

This class compiled fine in Version 6. Now that I changed the references to get the Version 7 Keyoti4.SearchEngine.Core.dll, it says it cannot be declared Overrides because it does not override a function in a base class.

I tried checking the documentation online but didn't see why this shouldn't still work.

Thanks for your help!
Jim
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:59:08 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Sorry, that change seems to have been missing from the release notes. It needs to be this signature now

Code:

Public Overrides Function Read(ByVal parStream As System.IO.Stream, ByVal document As Document, ByVal parEncoding As System.Text.Encoding) As Documents.DocumentText

The underlying change is that the document object's Title property is now used (in addition to the Uri) to create a searchable (but invisible) footer. We did this to get the title out of the result summaries.

Let me know if you're unsure how to implement it.
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

DMacy
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:43:38 PM

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Jim! I think I got it. Instead of using the uri parameter passed to the Read function, I'm now using document.Uri, and then I pass the document parameter to MyBase.Read.