Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

File Type Support - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
mikegraz
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 8:47:40 PM

Groups: Registered

What file types are supported? Are msg files supported?
Jim
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 5:45:06 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Yes, msg support was added at some version, I would need to look it up if you're interested.

.aspx, .asp .jsp, .htm, .html, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .csv, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .msg, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .odt, .ods, .xml, .zip are what is supported.
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

mikegraz
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 5:21:24 PM

Groups: Registered

Thanks. I installed the latest version. I'm currently trying to index 500,000 file and it's been running all weekend. It appears to be going slower and slower. It still has 200,000 to go and it's taking minutes for each file now. If I stop and restarted the import will it start completely over or will it just import the files not yet indexed? I don't know if that would even help speed it up but I don't know what else to try.
Jim
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 6:05:46 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Firstly, if you click stop, it will save where it got to, but I doubt it will speed it up, in fact it will possibly redo some work redundantly and in fact take longer overall.

There are factors that negatively affect indexing speed, such as:

-having Windows Explorer open on the index directory (we write/delete lots of files, and explorer monitoring that can be bad)
-number of unique 'words' (lexicon entries), so if you have files with lists of numbers for example (and you haven't disabled number indexing) then the index's lexicon will get large and slow things down
-file type, typically PDFs can get large and also can be a complex file format with a lot of data to decompress and parse.

Every few hundred files it will take a bit of time to consolidate the index, if the delay between each file isn't that (ie it's taking more than a minute each for a few consecutive files) then it is obviously running way to slow to finish in a meaningful time, and you'll need to stop it.

Stopping is not immediate either by the way, it will take a few minutes to flush buffers etc.

There are some tips on speed generally here https://keyoti.com/produ...rGuide/Optimization.htm

If you think that you could pare down the amount of files to be indexed, I can help you with how to do that.

Were you using an older version before? If so which version, so I can see if something has changed that might affect speed.

Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!