Product improvement is always on going, customers receive minor version updates for free.
Improvements in v6.2
- Fix .NET Core 3 support bug
- Updated English dictionaries
- Add new TX support DLLs
Improvements in v6.1
- Added .NET Core 3 support - reference Keyoti.RapidSpell.NETCore.dll in your .NET Core 3+ projects and license by calling Keyoti.RapidSpell.CoreLicensing.SetLicenseKey("<license
- ComboBox support added, please use the new AYTComboBox control for as you type spell checking in a ComboBox, you will need
to add it to RapidSpellAsYouType the same way you do other textboxes (AddTextComponent method)
- Updated English dictionaries
Improvements in v6.0
- Add user dictionary file manager, so the user can add/remove additional text files to be used as user dictionaries (not available
with TX Text Control at present).
- Update Dict Manager
- Improve user dictionary performance
- Add DevExpress RichEdit support
Improvements in v5.4
- Fix German compound words longer than 10 chars.
- The DataGridView_AYT_Manager control now includes both ShowErrorGlyph and ShowErrorUnderline properties to allow switching
from underlines to a simple 'e' error icon in each cell with spelling errors.
- Fix user options in case of concurrency.
- Fix modal dialog.
- Includes TX support DLLs to version 24.
Improvements in v5.3
- English dictionary updates.
- Small bug fixes.
- Includes TX support DLLs to version 22.
Improvements in v5.2
- Fix DataGridView underline rendering with non singleline mode usage.
- Small bug fixes.
- Includes TX support DLLs to version 21.
Improvements in v5.1
- Improved RapidSpellAsYouType startup time using asynchronous dictionary loading.
- Users may now press ALT-<NUMBER> in RapidSpellDialog as a shortcut to change the misspelled word to item number <NUMBER> in
the suggestion list.
- Added WordChanging event to RapidSpellDialog.
- Several small bug fixes.
Improvements in v5.0
- Sentence capitalization correction (auto or manual).
- TX Text Control v16 support added.
- Ignore Once added to 'as you type'.
- Easier to use custom context menus from 3rd party control kits (use GetSuggestionContextMenuInformation, ChangeWordMenuItem_Click,
IgnoreOnceMenuItem_Click, IgnoreAllMenuItem_Click, AddMenuItem_Click methods in RapidSpellAsYouType).
- RapidSpellDialog support for DataGridView added (as you type already exists, see Help).
- Compressed dictionaries
- Many small bug fixes and improvements in behavior.
Improvements in v4.7
- Inclusion of .NET 4 built DLLs.
Improvements in v4.6
- As you type support for regular .NET textboxes, RichTextBox and TextBox without subclassing. See TextBoxBase property and
AddTextBoxBase method in RapidSpellAsYouType.
Improvements in v4.5
- Various Form properties in RapidSpellDialog implemented for Win Form user's convenience (no need to use CreateDialogView event).
- Overhaul of TX Text Control interaction.
Improvements in v4.0
- User options form added, with user dictionary editor
- Autocorrect (English / customizable) added to RapidSpellAsYouType
- Undo function added to RapidSpellDialog
- Dynamic add/remove of text boxes to spell checker controls
- WPF support for RapidSpellDialog
- Simpler and more flexible UI customization
- Global change all/ignore all
- Ignore once implementation for coupled RapidSpellDialog & RapidSpellAsYouType
- Tighter integration between RapidSpellDialog & RapidSpellAsYouType
- Improved handling of programmatic text changes
- Duplicate word detection in RapidSpellAsYouType added (already present in Dialog)
- Sentence context shown in dialog checker
Improvements in v3.8
- July 2007 dictionary update included, adds 40,000 more words and word form variations.
- TX TextControl 14 support added
- VS 2008 toolbox support and demo projects added
- Aspose Editor support added
- TX TextControl support behavior improved
Improvements in v3.7
- Replacement Dictionary DLLs support lower than Full Trust
- (ClickOnce) Other non Full Trust issues ironed out, RapidSpellDialog can be used under Internet security Context
- New .NET2 assembly version included, with ContextMenuStrip and DataGridView support added
- Added ContextMenuDefault property to AYT text boxes to make assigning default context menus easier
- DataGrid noneditmode display improvement (now shows underlines, optional)
- DevExpress support integrated into main DLL and source code provided to make support for DevExpress controls version independent
- Updated demos
Improvements in v3.6
- Visual Studio 2005 support
- ShowSuggestionsWhenTextIsSelected added to RapidSpellAsYouType, allowing default behavior override
- TX Text Control v12 support
- Infragistics v5.3 support
Improvements in v3.5
- XML/HTML compatibility expanded to RapidSpellAsYouType
- Grids: As-you-type support added for DataGrid, Janus GridEX and Infragistics UltraGrid
- Full support added for Janus EditBox
- Improved suggestions
- Additional properties of RapidSpellGUI/Form exposed through RapidSpellDialog for additional convenience
- RapidSpellAsYouType painting in TX TextControl improved
- New AllowAnyCase behavior property
Improvements in v3.4
- Enhanced word parser allows sophisticated custom pattern ignoring and built-in URL and email ignoring, please see V2Parser
and IgnoreURLsAndEmailAddresses properties and AddIgnorePattern(regex) method.
- In RapidSpellDialog, double clicking on a suggestion now automatically changes the text to that suggestion.
- Portuguese UI texts added, for new Portuguese dictionaries.
- New AutoCheckAllTextComponentsUnder method provides shortcut to as-you-type check all compatible text boxes on the Form.
- Support for new version of Infragistics controls (3.2).
- New property AllowMixedCase sets whether words of mixed case will be reported as errors if they are not in dictionary with
Improvements in v3.3
- The RapidSpellAsYouType context menu displayed when the user right clicks on an underlined word can now be shown as part of
a custom context menu. See SpellContextMenuRequest event.
- Customized GUI classes can now be used in RapidSpellDialog, allowing for easier use, especially in multiple text box environments.
- Dictionary updates.
Improvements in v3.2
- RapidSpell Dialog icon now settable.
- Spell check now detects duplicate words.
- AYTRichTextBox & AYTTextBox Controls now have optional Cut/Copy/Paste menu.
- TX TextControl support with RapidSpellDialog has been improved with the addition of an 'adapter' control TXTextControlAdapter;
integration is now custom code-less.
- Addition of new RapidSpellAYTDialogCoupler control creates cohesive as-you-type and dialog checking.
- QueryTextBoxMultiline property added, so that 'not in dictionary' text box can be set to single line.
- Developer set context menu's are now shown when a user right clicks off a misspelled word.
- ShowSuggestionsContextMenu property added to RapidSpellAsYouType, enabling suggestions to be disabled.
- Dialog box is not shown (by default) if there are no errors.
- Addition of Location property in RapidSpellDialog, for setting dialog location.
- All UI text properties are now set-able.
- Addition of MinimizeBox, TopLevel, MdiParent, Parent and TopMost properties.
- New events for; ignore, change and add actions in RapidSpellDialog and RapidSpellAsYouType.
- New Infragistics UltraTextEditor adapter Control makes integration easy and code-less.
- CheckerEngine property now available in RapidSpellDialog.
Improvements in v3.1
- As You Type support for TXTextControl added
Improvements in v3
- Smooth multi text box checking for Dialog and AsYouType
- As you type spell checker added
Improvements in v2.2
- Dialog control added for simpler usage in IDEs
- Improved suggestions (anagram searching and split word suggestions)
- Compound word support (for German)
- Optional modal dialog functionality
- Built-in UI text in English, French, German and Spanish
- Manual text correction box spell checking (to ensure user entered correction is correct)
- Smaller faster dictionary file format (including new version of Dict Manager)
Improvements in v2.1
- 3rd Party Control support
- Customizable dictionaries
- XML/HTML friendly
- More behavior customization
- French GUI option
Improvements in v2
- Addition of new alternative suggestions algorithm
- Large speed increases in word lookup and suggestion finding
- Direct future non English language dictionary support
- More behavior customization methods
- More accurate and separate US & UK dictionaries